ADMAG AXR Loop-Powered Magnetic Flow Meters
Yokogawa's AXR two-wire magmeter can be installed in a two-wire system without any AC power source, thus drastically reducing the initial instrumentation cost. The AXR is the first two-wire magmeter to use dual frequency excitation, ensuring immunity to flow noise and achieving excellent stability for instrumentation. Like Yokogawa’s four-wire magmeters, the AXR has user-friendly functions and offers unsurpassed performance and field proven durability.
The AXR Series features:
- Dual frequency excitation method: Unique to Yokogawa, dual frequency excitation provides the best of AC and pulsed DC excitation. Dual-frequency flowmeters are capable of measuring tough slurries, like an AC meter, while having the zero stability and accuracy of a pulsed DC meter. Low frequency excitation ensures zero stability, while high frequency excitation achieves slurry noise reduction and fast 0.1 second response times necessary for batching applications. Other benefits are low power consumption and the ability to perform measurements with positive displacement pumps.
- High-speed pulse output: In addition to current output, pulse, alarm, or status output may be selected. Multiple-range, forward and reverse flow measurement, and flow rate upper/lower limit alarm functions are provided, and a high speed 10,000 Hz pulse output is achieved.
- High accuracy: The AXR achieves an accuracy of 0.5% of reading under normal flowrate conditions.
- Noise resistance: Due to its use of special coated electrodes and mirror finished liners, the AXR’s electric noise immunity is comparable to that of a four-wire device.
- Safety as standard: The AXR is the world's forst SIL2-rated two-wire magnetic flowmeter. The AXR is EC61508-Certified (SIL2) out of the box.
- Fluid adhesion level diagnostics: The AXR converter regularly monitors changes in the electrode circuit impedance caused by the build-up of insulating coatings. A four-level bar graph on the converter’s LCD panel indicates the coating level. When the impedance reaches the third level, a warning is displayed; when the impedance reaches the fourth level, an alarm can be triggered and displayed.
- Reduced instrumentation costs: AXR's two-wire system reduces wiring costs dramatically. Direct connection with DCS is possible. AC power sources are not necessary. The AXR can be loop-powered with almost all distributors, signal conditioner cards, and input modules.
- Energy-efficient: Compared with four-wire magmeters, the AXR can substantially decrease power consumption. The AXR has an average power consumption of 0.3 watt.
- Reliable construction: Yokogawa has always focused on the quality, durability, and reliability of its primary measuring elements, and the AXR is no exception. The AXR is constructed from a welded stainless steel body with a reinforced neck, injection molded PFA liners with metal retaining plate for superior chemical resistance applications. Along with a range of electrode constructions, AXR offers a combination that can suit any magmeter application.
- Clear and versatile indicator: The LCD indicator employs a large, backlit, full dot-matrix that can facilitate one to three line displays in several languages. When an alarm condition occurs, a full description of the countermeasure is indicated.
- Easy paramter setup: The most frequently used parameters are arranged in a group at the top of the parameter menu. These menus can be accessed via the infrared switches on the display.
- Flexible electrical connection direction: The converter or the terminal box can be rotated arbitrarily to change the directions of electrical connection on site.
Yokogawa AXR Series Flowmeter Specifications
|Nominal Pipe Size
||General-purpose: 1" – 8" (25 – 200mm)
Explosion-proof type: 1" – 4" (25 – 100mm)
||14.7 to 35VDC, two-wire system
||current output, digital output (one of pulse, alarm, or status)
||Stainless steel-JIS SUS 326L (AISI 316L SS/EN 1.4404 equivalent), Hastelloy C276 equivalent, Tantalum, Platinum-iridium
|Process Temperature Range
||-40° to 266°F (-40° to 130°C)
||-4° to 131°F (-40° to 55°C)
||±0.5% of measured value
||≥10 µS/cm, depending on pipe size and fluid condition
||Fluorocarbon PFA (Mirror-finished lining surface)
||Code 1, Wafer: 3" to 8" (80mm to 200mm)
Code 1, Flange: 1" to 8" (25mm to 200mm)
Code 2, Wafer: 1" to 4" (25mm to 100mm)
||Full dot-matrix LCD
||4 magnet switches (including push switches)
||Electrode adhesion diagnosis, coil open, etc.
||English, German, French, Italian, Spanish, Japanese
||Change direction of electrical connection, special gaskets, bar magnet for operation of magnet switches, etc.
||IEC61508 Certified (SIL2)